So you try a clean, but that doesn't work. Xml files with reserved words for names can cause this problem. I'm getting a whole bunch of cannot resolve symbol errors when I compile my servlet: verify. It can sometimes be hard to find what the current versions are. User name: Password: Here is the current servlet code you've seen this before : package weblocker; import java. NoClassDefFoundError: ShowStudent Caused by: java.
To track down the exact error, check the changes by breaking the changes into smaller module. You should normally leave it alone. After compiling the java file the rest of the project could be compiled without any problems. To determine the version of Java, use. The project always builds fine. That leaves us with just one possibility the dreaded classpath.
. If you are in the correct directory, you only need to quote a classpath when executing external or downloaded. Looks like IntelliJ was caching something incorrectly. Recently, I added an activity to test with called NewActivity. My exact issue was caused because I was using flavour based manifest files and I copied some permissions inside the tag in the flavour by accident. If only some resources are having this problem, those resources are most likely in the wrong directory. The issue was with simply that android studio was in such an early stage at the time and as a new developer I never should have never been using it.
The first two files compiles well. After uninstalling and reinstalling it, I will post here with the results. They're both in completely separate parts of my computer. I would like to know what causes this if anyone knows. Also make sure that the package tag in your AndroidManifest.
. Sometimes if anything references a nonexistent drawable or string resource you will get this error. This is in the dependencies block in the outermost gradle file, If your AndroidManifest references a non-existent drawable or string resource or activity, it will break and cause this error. Had the same problem a few times, and this seems to set it right. . I had the same issue: Android Studio 3.
Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. . Can you type in the path of where java is installed on your computer? So, on the third error, the arrow is pointing at the equals sign. Also every time there is R. I tried the same code at my school and it compiled and ran.
It still did not resolve. Take a look at the for more details, but you can do something like the following: javac Appli. . . I have an error on my code and when I run, build, clean, or assembleDebug, the cannot find symbol error appear. Also use Git for proper tracking of code. So I've narrowed the problem down to my computer.
EmployeeRepositor y throw new EmployeeRepositoryExceptio n se. That shouldn't be so often. . Yeah, except that I just had the same issue with a single class file. Rename or delete one of the files. The errors will open up the generated xml files from your build which will show any errors in red.
Right Click on My computer and select properties. I think I somehow messed up the installation. For instance, you can have the same name in drawable-mhdpi and drawable-xhdpi because they override each other depending on the target device, but if you have the same name in layout and in menu, it will cause a problem. Sometimes this is because it stops supporting older versions of the Gradle plugin, so you need to update your version numbers. It will surely work since there will be no changes. .